Last updated: June 03, 2023
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Mark and Shark, Nasr City.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: Egypt
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Mark and Shark, accessible from https://markandshark.com/
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. You can learn more about cookies on TermsFeed website article.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about You.
Our Service may give You the ability to delete certain information about You from within the Service.
You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage Your personal information. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us.
Please note, however, that We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com
Who we are
We are The Mark and Shark Company. We import all new items in the world of shoes and bags “men and women” to be available in the Egyptian market.
Our specialists choose all the trendy models and brands in the world every three months to keep pace with the latest international fashion trends in addition to buying part of the production increase from the “Ross for Dress Less” share in order to provide the best and finest brands and the finest raw materials at the best prices in Egypt to keep pace with fashion all over the world .
The Mark and Shark is a retail shoes and bags company incorporated in 2018 in Egypt. The beginning of the company was an “Online Store” only. It was from the first companies started the business of online commerce in Egypt. Such business has a strong effect on the company as it was the beginning of the route of the electronic shopping in Egypt.
After that, a showroom was opened in 2019 in Nasr City which was the first place where our customers could visit us.
Then came “Covid 19 virus” in the year 2020. such virus had a very big impact on the Egyptian market and the whole world. However, because of our excellence in the field of online, we were able to overcome that ordeal and we could reach the top as we were the most famous online store at that time. Therefore, such ordeal came in the interest of the company. Then, the first branch was opened in Nasr City in 2021, the second branch was opened in first settlement, the third branch was opened in Dokki, the fourth was opened in Mansoura and the fifth was opened in Sixth of October city in 2022. in addition, we have opened a head office for the company. We are still importing everything new in our field of business in order to provide the Egyptian market with the most successful international shoe brands proving to the Egyptian community that fashion is not Longer miles away but actually available in City. We now operate Five stores with 40 employees employed in them.
The Mark and Shark has proven to be one of the leading retail stores of footwear in the Egyptian market.
It provides the entire Egyptian Community the chance to have a similar international experience for a various group of trademarks covering all needs of the consumers from (shoes, bags and accessories). We now deal with more than 200.000 customers. So, we have been sure that they are all satisfied with our products and services.
Our vision is to become a retail store all over Egypt. We strive to have in 2025 twenty branches inside Egypt providing our customers with all their desires and needs with spreading our services so that everyone’s desire becomes an immediate demand that we have to fulfill. We strive to maintain our core values upon serving our customers. We believe in honesty, transparency and efficiency as the main pillars of our mutual relationship with our customers. We try to achieve such aim by constantly providing our customers with all the information they need to have the best and smooth shopping journey.. we promise.
Our mission is represented in providing everything new in the world to everyone who loves shoes and bags in our country, Egypt.
Our new collection of shoes and bags combines versatility and distinction reflecting the different needs of modern men and women.
Our philosophy is to take care of every little detail in our products to the degree that our modern, new and unique footwear products meticulously process every detail of the shoe to ensure maximum comfort, softness, leather quality and ultimate flexibility. In addition, our distinctive shoes collection includes:
- PU leather is the cleanest, purest and finest type of artificial leather.
- Rubber sole for more comfort.
- Lining protection.
- Applying the latest technologies in the manufacture of shoes and bags with a modern touch.
-Our products are eligible for a refund or exchange within:
- 14 days of delivery date —the refund would take a couple of weeks to be completed
-Some products have exceptions and not eligible for refund or exchange:
- Boxers – Panties and Socks are not eligible for refund or exchange.
-Damaged, defective, or incorrect item received:
- If a product arrives and it’s defective, damaged, or incorrect (even if it has an exception), it is eligible for exchange or refund and may need to be returned.
-The Standard Returns Process for refund and exchange:
- Please contact us for support at online customer service – 01221972222- to initiate the return and we’ll walk you through the process.
- If the product isn’t included to an exception (Boxers – Panties and Socks), you must request your refund within 14 days of delivery of the item.
- In certain cases, such as defective, damaged, or incorrect products, you may be required to provide evidence of the issue, such as a photo or a video of the product was received. In all cases you will be required to return the item to receive a refund or exchange product.
- If you are required to return a product, you will be responsible for paying the return shipping fees, unless the cause of refund or return is defective, damaged, or incorrect product from our side.
- In refund case, once the product has been returned to the applicable destination (e.g. merchant or returns center) and is confirmed to be in good condition, we’ll transfer your refund within any available E-wallets (VF Cash – We – Etisalat – Orange – etc.). Depending on your financial institution, refunds are processed within 48 hours – 72 hours of processing.
- In exchange case, once the product has been returned to the applicable destination (e.g. merchant or returns center) and is confirmed to be in good condition, the exchange product will be shipped to your side within 5-7 days of delivery date of returned product.|
- Depending on your financial institution, refunds can take up to 14 days to be credited to your original payment method.
- Orders begin processing shortly within 24 – 72 hours after they’ve been placed, our customer service will contact you via phone call or WhatsApp conversation to confirm your order
(name-shipping address-products included description, color and size – total cost) and place any edits upon your request in confirmation process.
- Cancelled orders can’t be undone, if we didn’t receive answer to confirmation call from your side
within 3 work days from order date, we’ll have to cancel the order and you can place a new order later.